Monday, March 29, 2010

yoga Monday

There are two new pieces of art in the yoga studio at Yoga Vida 707. And I thought I would remember the words on both of them to post them here but I'm drawing a blank on one. Naturally, the one I really liked! One said, "UNITE" which is a fine thought. But the other one really resonated with me. It was something along the lines of "starting over again with a clean slate"- but much more poetic than that.
But it got me thinking that even though there are so many chances to start over, we really still carry baggage from previous phases of life or from previous experiences to whatever we're going through at the moment. Much as I can tell myself that each day is a new day, I still have the memories from the days before...either as positive or negative forces in my mind.
So what would it take to really have a clean slate? Frankly, I'm not sure. Divine intervention? Great discipline in letting go AND forgiving yourself (key!)? I feel like my chalkboard gets cleaned each day by someone who is using a dusty old eraser rather than a damp rag to really wipe it clean. Maybe I can find some old rags around to start using...

No comments: