Thursday, March 11, 2010

Almost there...

Yes, it's almost Spring Break, but mostly, I'm almost to Friday. What a week it's been.
I've been sick. I've gotten well (not quite 100% yet but much better than four days ago!).
I've had three major projects in front of me. Two are now behind me with one more to be finished up tomorrow.
I've worried about missing workouts. I've gotten over missing workouts - I think that's allowed/necessary when you're sick.
I've met with a lot of people at school...I've also "pushed" a lot of paper at school (namely over 550 transcripts!).
I've cooked and cleaned and been fairly domestic.
And now...I finally see the light at the end of this proverbial tunnel.
Some last minute things to do at work...just took one cake out of the oven (another student got into college so we have to celebrate!)...about to make some brownies for Gran (because my sweet friend Chris is going to visit Gran when she's in N.O. this week...I'm so touched by that outreach of love I cannot even begin to talk about it)...need to pack for the day tomorrow (starting with a 10 mile run with Jess!!)...and then finally, I need to throw some things in a bag for my weekend with my camp friends! HOORAY! What a very sweet way to end the week...a few days with Christa (who is pregnant!), Marion (who is recently engaged!), and the rest of us who are coming together to celebrate them - Susan, Furtsch (who has pulled this whole weekend together and IS in charge no matter what she says), and Isla. More on the weekend when I return...probably nothing along the way...and hopefully lots of pictures with my childhood friends. It's always amazing to me that no matter how much time has passed, we fall right back into place with one another. Guess that's what happens when you spend your summers together as little girls...we're going on about 27 years of friendship...we know how to do it.

No comments: