"We are not the image we once had of ourselves...we are not even who we were yesterday." Today's yoga thought was all about how we change and how things change....and basically how we should be open to that and go with it...like it's the course that life has in store for us and we should be accepting of it.
This seems to be a regular theme in yoga as our teacher(s) reminds us to be present in our practice and to not compare our practice to our practice yesterday or last week. Such a tough thing to do. I think I go into yoga (and everything?) hoping to be as "good" (or "flexible" or "fast" or "whatever") as I was the day before...and ideally, a lot better than I was a few months ago. And it's tough to just be. To just accept the practice for what it is...on that given day. To not worry if my downward dog is not as easy to attain as it was last week. To not worry if I can't even get into 1/2 pigeon much less full pigeon. To not worry if I can't begin to touch my toes.
What would life be like if it really was all about living in the present and accepting the present as "just right" the way that it is? Hmmm...I don't know. But I think I'd like to find out.
No comments:
Post a Comment