Hopefully not a description of me although I'm sure from time to time I have been/am/will be a BRAT. But this time it refers to my best friends/rather mundane food choices these last 24 hours thanks to Mr. Stomach Bug who came and visited me Saturday through Sunday afternoon. I tried my best to deny being sick, but by late Saturday afternoon, I had to give in and started in on what became sleep-fest 2009 for ETG. Seriously. Nap...times two...plus bed at 7:30 p.m. Didn't get out of bed until noon the next day! I actually tried to get out of bed at 5:30 a.m. to go and be a bike escort at Decker because I was sure that whatever was wrong with me would have passed but a big old case of the chills and dry heaves sent me back to bed. Felt horrible for missing...and just horrible in general. I thought I was back in action yesterday afternoon but didn't know that was only about 65% until I woke up this morning - hello, new day! Good-bye, Mr. Stomach Bug! Hello, B.R.A.T. diet for at least a couple of days though. Banana for breakfast. Rice for lunch. Forgot the Applesauce at home. And some Toast for dinner. I know, it's rather boring. And rather bland. But it's finally charged my appetite enough to imagine other more savory foods again...this is a good sign. ETG not having an appetite is a sure sign that something is wrong! One more day of playing it safe and then I'm back in eating action!Thank you to all of my sweet friends who offered advice, Gatorade and soup drops, and everything else...felt very loved and cared for even as I shivered beneath my comforter. So thankful to be healthy again (I was reminded this weekend that I'm not a very patient patient...I hate being sick and not feeling like myself and am grateful that I usually do)!!
No comments:
Post a Comment