Not really me, but Austin. This past week on Tuesday night a soccer game at school was called off just a few minutes into the second half...a "fog out". Never heard of that before. But it was accurate. I had just looked out on the field and realized that I couldn't see 90% of the players...and I was wondering why I was standing there in the chilly night air instead of being curled up under my comforter at home since I couldn't even tell where the ball or players were! And then today, Austin was again blanketed in fog (and mist...and drizzle). Forced us inside for spin rather than riding outside and then never really let up all day. "Thick as pea soup" would be an accurate description.
Funny that I was expecting troublesome, wintry weather in Lubbock yesterday (had a great visit to Texas Tech, by the way!), but really it was waiting for me at home today. Yesterday was in the mid-50s and sunny in Lubbock, where it had been 19 the day before! Today was in the upper-40s and foggy in Austin, where it's supposed to be in the 70s and sunny tomorrow! Guess this is winter for you...for every hot, monotonous day this past summer maybe we're going to get a chilly, unpredictable day this winter. Adds some excitement to our lives though so I'm okay with it!
1 comment:
"Fog out" - that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard for a soccer game, EVER!
Post a Comment