A conversation with a colleague this morning about posting grades and making sure they were all correct made me say, "Well, we can keep dreaming." To which she replied, "Why not? Dreams are free." I laughed and thought, "Right. Why not? Dreams ARE free." I really liked that thought...no harm in dreaming. Doesn't cost anyone anything. Often keeps us moving forward, in search of something new and bigger and more wonderful. Or keeps our hope alive that things might be different some day. And I don't think any of those things cause any harm to anyone. And then I started thinking of all of the other cool things in life that are free...so many of them. Smiles. Hugs. Barton Springs at certain hours. The sound of rain on a tin roof. A run on the Town Lake trail. An understanding look from a friend (or I suppose anyone!). A fresh breath of air. Sleep. Sunshine. Love. Sunrises and sunsets. A field of wildflowers. Songs on the radio. Bingo on your birthday (okay...not quite, but it's ALMOST free...it's $1!). The smell of mountain laurel (purple kool-aid trees) in Austin the spring. Mountain views. Fireflies over a field in the summer.
The list could go on and on...I'm sure you have your own "free list". But I love that of all of those free things in life, I just added "dreams" to that list that often comes to mind. On that note, sweet dreams...
No comments:
Post a Comment