Tuesday, December 15, 2009

weeknight ragu

As if I'm making up for two weekends ago when I was sick and didn't cook (or eat) a thing all weekend...which was fine given that I didn't have much of an appetite until Wednesday...I'm now cooking up a storm. Christmas cookies. Jezebel sauce. Polenta. And the thing I'm most excited about - "weeknight ragu". I got the recipe from a food blog that I follow thanks to my friends the Hecks who think that my baking is actually much better and more creative than it is...thank you, Hecks, for the encouragement. But I'm having great fun getting new ideas from the food52 blog. Maybe someday I'll have an original recipe to submit to them for review!
In the meantime, I'm enjoying trying new recipes. My latest favorite - weeknight ragu. Yum. This is serious comfort food. Divine smelling. Awesome tasting. And so versatile. You can put it on pasta, polenta, baked potato...see what I mean. Anyway, I'm SUPER excited to have found something that's so easy to make that I can cook up over the weekend and eat off of all week. Sort of like when I make a big old pot of soup... Oh, I do love the food that is so yummy to eat during the winter. Food that warms you up - heart, soul, and tummy.

1 comment:

md said...

looks yummy! thanks for sharing the food blog. I'm trying to cook more at home. Last week, I didn't eat out once! that's a big step for me.