Friday to Sunday feels like a blur...and when I look back on it I know why. (It was not entirely the fault of glacial activity on Saturday night!)
- Lessons and Carols (gosh, those 1st graders are CUTE!)
- Upper School Faculty gathering complete with Secret Santas (I love giving to friends like Jennifer! And getting some awesome socks from people like Jeff!)
- last minute shopping & mailing of gifts (hope they arrive by 12/25...I've been assure they will but you never know this time of year)
- "quick" trip to school that turned into a long afternoon there...complete with cleaning some recycling bins!
- SAS Christmas party (always a good time...although the caroling started late this year so I missed most of it!)
- Saturday early a.m. ride with Jess (we SWEAR there was a headwind the whole way?! I'm grateful that Jess was willing to wait for me...she's just a wee - or a lot - but faster than I am! I'm working on that but it's a slow process for this cycling caboose!)
- errands...cleaning...laundry...thoughts of packing...
- T3 Christmas party (amazingly pulled together by Nancy with lots of little elves to help transform the PTC into a "winter wonderland")
- post-Christmas party fun continues at Highball...complete with dancing...and a few too many glaciers...oops...but SO much fun!)
- home way too late to attempt to pack but I did it anyway - who knows what I'll actually have to wear in New Orleans!
- sleep...ah...
- a run fueled by red wine, 2 Glaciers, and a handful of Christmas cookies...needless to say, the updated nutrition plan I got from Meredith has not quite gone into action yet! This is NOT a great plan for a run, in case you are wondering. But it does help you sweat out any remaining evidence of the night before!
- car packed, dishwasher unloaded, and I'm ready to hit the road with a b'fast taco & coffee in hand!
- easy, construction-less drive to N.O. and finally, a hug from mom and Gran at the end of the day!
All smiles from this girl...
No comments:
Post a Comment