Thursday, December 3, 2009

I want to be a Thermos

Well, at least just for the next two days.
Today, I kept trying to be that thermos. My theory was that if I filled up with warm liquids - coffee, soup, tea, more coffee - I would stay warm. But nothing was doing the trick. I have enough natural insulation that it should have been an easy task, but I had added extra layers that included a wool sweater and a scarf in my attempt to be Thermos-like. And I failed at staying warm.
I think maybe the cold shower after swimming had something to do with it...let's hope the solar shower at Barton Springs tomorrow has some warmth to it. Otherwise, it's going to be another cold day for ETG seeing as the high tomorrow will occur while I'm swimming - about 37 degrees - and will drop steadily all day long . Chance of snow flurries (maybe 1/2 inch accumulation..not quite enough to call off school, I think!) by mid-day. And then staying cold through the night. First freeze of the year predicted on Friday! And a CHILLY morning on Saturday. Exciting! But I better figure out how to stay warm in it...seeing as my heat retaining talents seem very weak right now. (You would think between my birthday and Thanksgiving I would have plenty of insulating cells...)

No comments: