So I came to the conclusion tonight that I think I just don't have a lot of fast twitch muscles. I'm not complaining. I'm not using it as an excuse for not being faster on the bike or when I'm running short, fast stuff. It's just the facts. So...I think I need my muscles to be quick learners of new patterns of behavior if they are not going to be naturally fast twitchers! I'm trying to re-train them but they are resisting. I think over time they will decide they don't want to mess with me since I can be one stubborn gal - or at least I hope this is true. All that said, while I might have been shorted some fast-twitch muscles, I think I got an extra dose of a lot of other things - stubbornness included...along with patience (with everyone and everything but myself!), determination, and hopefully things like compassion and love, too. I'll trade those for fast-twitch muscles any day but I might still try to force my muscles into a new routine.
1 comment:
I'm not convinced that fast twitch is a good thing. Slow twitch is more useful in the endurance world, and we don't do many races with 400m runs. And patience is infinitely amazing -- I really wish I was blessed with it (or had the patience to develop it).
Post a Comment