Sunday, November 16, 2008

adventures in the kitchen


I love to cook. No really, I seriously love to cook (and bake!). But I never seem to have the time that I would like to devote to it. My current answer to that problem: my new crock pot. Yes, it might be a throwback to the '60s or '70s but I'm all over it. I know, you're imagining a cream colored, flower-adorned crock pot from yesteryear...not so - in 2008, we have chrome. So our kitchens can look cool.
Anyway, my first experiment was Chicken Casablanca - great name, huh? Good stuff! This might very well be my saving grace through CDA training.
And then I made a streusel for my advisees. Okay, I cheated a little on this one. I made the streusel from a mix...but I added the filling on my own! Raspberry - yum. Monday is my day to bring snacks and I used to just bring bread that I warmed up and served with butter and honey but this crew doesn't seem that excited about that. So, I'm trying to mix it up a little.
All in all, a very good day from running to cooking and church in between. Got to finish up laundry and am, for the first time in a long time, feeling ready to tackle the week! I think the fall weather puts me in a really good mood thinking I can take on whatever life throws my way. Who knows? Maybe I can!

No comments: