I now see why people sometimes go a few days without blogging. Okay, truth be told, I never really thought I would blog every day. But I sure will try.
Couldn't blog on Thursday night because I was chaperoning the sr. campout at school. It's a funny little tradition for the seniors to set up tents, fire up the grill, set up the fire pit, roast marshmallows, listen to music and bond in other ways one night during their last year of high school. This year they also took all of the furniture out of the library as a prank!
I usually chaperone the midnight - 3 a.m. shift because it's really a time when no one wants to chaperone. But this year, my running scheduled dictated that I take the 8-midnight shift so that I could get home and sleep before my scheduled 5:30 run with Erin. This earliest shift turned out to be lively, fun, and fast...before I knew it Laura and I were waiting with only moments to go for Renee to arrive. We left the scene but it was about 12:35/12:40 and I was beginning to wonder if Erin was really set on our 5:30 meeting time.
Turns out that Erin was still out on the town as I was heading home and we agreed that a 5:30 a.m. warm-up run might be a bad idea for both of us. So we settled on meeting up at our 6:00 a.m. T3 run workout...maybe. I discovered that as tired as I was, I was also wide awake. So I actually roused myself from bed for the 6:00 a.m. workout...and wise Erin slept! When I got her text I was so jealous!
I was sleepy literally all day as a result of the campout + not being able to fall into a deep sleep + my run workout. And the seniors at school were as sleepy! It's always like that the day after the campout.
But now it's the weekend...yippee! It's supposed to get much colder and windier overnight so we're spinning inside. 2 hours! With a movie! Does wonders for my "I'm going to get a flat" & "I might fall" thoughts that hold me back out on the road. Saturday afternoon I get to hang out with Kimberly - we're long overdue for a catch up. And on Sunday I'll do a 10 mile run. Some work and rest and housekeeping sprinkled in between all of that. If it's as cold as they say, I'll be making some soup! Who am I kidding, I made soup three weeks ago in a desperate attempt to lure in the cold weather...looks like it worked (just a few weeks late!!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment