Friday, November 28, 2008

ice cream epiphany


I think I might be about to show my true colors...and reveal (again?) that I am not a true Texan. I discovered this weekend that I prefer Breyers ice cream to Blue Bell. And I don't think that it was just because I was comparing natural vanilla (Breyers) to homemade vanilla (Blue Bell). The Breyers simply tasted better. And unfortunately, I would know how to "rate" ice cream. Confession: it is my weakness. I can bypass queso and (usually) cookies and other things that people struggle with, but it's really tough for me to pass on ice cream. Or gelato. Or frozen yogurt. Or popsicles. Or sorbet. Or sherbet. Hmmm...maybe I have a problem!
In my post-Thanksgiving, grateful to have my family but also glad to be back in Austin, having just spent a nice evening with friends...that is my deep thought for the day. Breyers beats Blue Bell. Next taste test: natural vanilla bean v. mint chocolate chip. (Might end up calling this one a tie!)

No comments: