Wednesday, November 12, 2008

what to blog about?

I'm not really at a loss for words - I rarely am. But I do wonder what I will choose to blog about each day. For example, today was relatively uneventful...tough core workout this morning (I can't tell if I'm getting stronger at all!), work complete with lots of meetings (including a faculty meeting at the end of the day) - but a good day of meetings with students (makes it all worthwhile!), and then a track workout. To which I was late...later than I thought I might be. But I still got to do all three sets of the workout so that was good.
Maybe this is a good time to say that I'm in my "off season"...especially as I prepare to start Ironman training in January. But I'm also training for the Austin 1/2 Marathon in February. And I'm determined to become a better, stronger, faster runner this winter so that I feel really good going into CDA next June (and all the training that leads up to it). So, my running plan has looked something like this:
- Monday evening: "specialty" run (we do hills, fartleks, more hills...and all of that good stuff)
- Wednesday evening: track workouts (yes, we run around in circles in an effort to get faster. It might just be working for me?!)
- Friday morning: "performance" run on the track - more plyometrics (which are also supposed to make us faster)
- Sunday morning: long runs (the distances vary...and usually increase each week. This week we're supposed to run 10 miles - which I actually did last week in the Run for the Water last week so I'm feeling good about this weekend's run!)
I don't really love running, but I actually look forward to our run workouts. T3 has done that for me - made me excited about things that I didn't think I could get excited about. Like training. And training for the Longhorn 70.3 this past October. And training for the Ironman CDA this coming June.
More about T3 in another next post...there is simply too much to say!!

No comments: