Friday, November 21, 2008

friday morning run workouts!


I really love Friday morning run workouts...even when it's cold (low 40s this a.m.)...and when my legs feel like lead. Yes, lead. Pretty much I needed the assistance portrayed by the runner in the cartoon.
Usually after my warm-up run with Erin (we meet at 5:30 a.m. so we can get a few miles in before our 6:00 a.m. practice - we're crazy like that...but not the type of crazy that Logan tells me I'm going to go when I'm training for CDA!) I'm good to go for practice. But this morning my legs just felt heavy and sore the entire time. I kept thinking about how nice a massage would be! I don't think you're supposed to be thinking about stuff like that during a workout. Anyway, even when my legs are rebelling, even when I never really get truly warm, I love Friday morning workouts. We usually do some sort of repeats (1/2 mile or less) and then lots of drills/plyometrics. Ladders. Chasing tennis balls. Bear crawls. Okay, I must admit that I thought Logan had added this last one just to have some fun with us. Turns out it's a "real" exercise. Who knew? Anyway, I always leave Friday a.m. workouts feeling like I've had a super efficient, super effective hour. Good way to start the weekend!
Running 13 miles with Erin tomorrow...I'm a wimp when it comes to riding in 40 degree weather. I need to get some winter cycling gear (mostly just the pants) so that I'm not looking for every excuse to avoid the bike! I was actually excited to ride my new bike outside (finally...and only for the second or third time!), but I'm more excited now to run with Erin - fun.
Hope the weather warms up for Jennifer and Billy's wedding on Saturday afternoon. I'm so happy for them!

No comments: