
I'm starting to believe that I might actually be getting faster at this whole running thing. Logan called it my "raw, nasty speed" on Monday night and Liz (my partner on Monday night's specialty run) might have been genuinely surprised when I showed up on top of the hill so soon! I actually felt really good on Monday night. I think that running will always feel hard to me - or maybe not? - but it's encouraging to feel some improvement.
Some stats to prove that it's not just in my mind:
November 19 - 1/2 mile repeats at O'Henry 5 sets (I was supposed to drop 10-15 seconds each time. Didn't quite do that, but I didn't get slower either!)
1) 4:20
2) 4:06
3) 3:53
4) 3:47
5) 3:40
(these times surprised me b/c I wasn't feeling 100% tonight...I'll blame it on the &^*&# blue band at core this morning!)
compared to...
November 5 - mile repeats at O'Henry
4 sets (I was supposed to drop 3-5 seconds each time. Didn't quite do that, but I managed to beat my previous time with each mile. Not quite sure about this whole pacing thing!)
1) 8:47
2) 8:25
3) 8:05
4) 7:57
Maybe I did get faster and not older on November 6?! Yeah for T3 training taking me to new places...eventually to CDA!
No comments:
Post a Comment