I love Saturdays! And today is perhaps the first Saturday in Austin that really feels like fall - no matter that the first official day of fall was back on September 22. It's sunny but crisp...and windy! Which is why we rode inside this morning instead of outside. Jess started outside and after one MoPac loop came in and joined us. She said she only caught a tailwind for about 1 mile! No fun - but maybe good training for IMAZ which is next week? I'm so excited for her and for Michelle, Jane, Charles, and Lory. But it's been strange to have them in taper mode and not full training mode. I was accustomed to seeing Michelle, Jane, and Jess at most/all of the practices that I attend so it's felt like someone's missing from our workout groups without them around as much. And if it's felt weird for me I can only imagine what it has felt like for them!
I discovered this year in my Longhorn 70.3 taper that I'm really just not very good at tapering. I'm likely to be a mess after CDA training which is so much more intense! But I'll have great teammates to be a mess with. Teammates that will ride on a trainer for 2+ hours watching a really bad movie ("You Don't Mess with the Zohan") - okay, there were some funny parts but we should have watched "Caddyshack" or "Spaceballs"! Truth be told, I think for our CDA training we have at least a few Saturday rides on the trainer ahead of us so I'm guessing we'll get our fill of movies - good and bad.
With my workout under my belt, I headed to run an errand or two and this afternoon I got to hang out with Kimberly - a pedicure birthday treat! Woo-hoo for both time with Kimberly and a pedicure. Then some more errands...want to get a slow cooker because I think it's time to venture into that realm of cooking (especially as the colder weather sets in) and also load up on vitamins. I feel like I'm hunkering down for the winter even though it's about 65 degrees outside. Texas winter, right?
Laundry, a little cleaning...and then some reading and maybe watching "The Namesake". I have had it for waaaay too long now. Good thing Netflix doesn't seem to mind that I average a 3-4 week turn around of the movies I receive! Anyway, I've listened to the book on tape so I will probably knock out some birthday thank you notes while I enjoy the movie. Hope to hit the sack fairly early tonight...I have a 10 mile run (including Scenic and Mt. Bonnell - yikes!) tomorrow so I want to be rested.
Yeah for Saturdays...even if they don't include wild and crazy nights!
No comments:
Post a Comment