My new theory is that getting ready for an adventure like doing an Ironman is so involved, so complicated, so (dare I say it) stressful that it's a way to make the actual day feel like a sigh of relief that you've made it that far and now all you have to do is swim, bike, and run. Okay, over a 100 miles of that but still...The point is that I never thought that this part of it would be so complicated! I will be relieved to get to Coeur D'Alene tomorrow to stop fretting over which socks to pack or whether or not I should swap out a short-sleeved t-shirt with a long-sleeved t-shirt since it's in the 60s in Idaho. I keep hearing Miss Dollie's words, "If there's something you forgot, I can tell you how to get along without it." That works for a lot of my packing...and not for other parts that really would be difficult to get along without. I'm trusting my lists though. I'm trusting my "attention to detail" nature. And I'm trusting that if I forgot something crucial, I will be able to figure it out. We are going to an Ironman for goodness sake. There will be LOTS of gear around. Not that I'm game to spend more money unnecessarily or try out something new for race day, but it does give me a little comfort that all would not be lost if I forgot something.
And with that...I'm off to throw in a couple more items and zip up the bags. Early a.m. flight to Spokane tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing T3 teammates at the airport before I go and to being on a flight with some of them. Soaked in some T3 goodness this morning at core, at breakfast with Erin, and at track practice where Karen and I observed the great work of our teammates as we waited for Carrie to bring us some cool shirts for CDA. A final hug from Jess was the icing on the cake. And I know the goodness will continue when we land in CDA and the group begins to gather over the next few days!
2 comments:
Safe travels! Love you lots!
U GEAUX GURL!!!
DAD
Post a Comment