just some thoughts all about the ways in which life continues to surprise me. in BIG ways and in small ways as well. reflections that remind me that we're always changing and growing...hopefully for the better! and perhaps it's also a reminder that there are some very sweet things, special people, wonderful places, and memorable moments in all of our lives...sometimes we just need to slow down to take it all in. and give thanks.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
quick update from an Ironman
I realize I've missed a couple of days of posting...not like me! But I was a tad busy on Sunday...for 14 hours and 5 minutes I was busy so there wasn't a lot of time for blogging! Oh, but I did become an Ironman that day!!!! And that has given me PLENTY to blog about. So stay tuned for a race report. The day was incredible...magical...unbelievable... And so much more. I feel a HUGE amount of respect for what I did, for everyone out there on the course on Sunday, and for anyone who has ever done or attempted an Ironman. I am so proud of my teammates. I owe so many thanks to so many people but that will be a separate blog entry. Headed back to Austin today and with some airport time, the composing will begin! You can only imagine the race report from a day-long race...and a life-changing event!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Congrats Liz, you looked amazing every time I saw you!! We did it :)
mine was 7 LONG posts... :) can't wait to read yours!
You did it... I am very proud for this and all you do.
Love
Daddio
Great job! you looked strong and steady the whole day!
Congrats to you! I were all smiles everytime I saw you! Cannot wait to read your report.
BTW, i didn't read your comment about the cookies until just NOW. Oops!! but yes I had a cookie or 2 while spectating :) All I remember was that I said.."I cannot BELIEVE Elizabeth made time to bake cookies for us!!" (considering you had ironman prepping and all), thanks a bunch!
Post a Comment