Funny that we started our training with strong winds every time we went for a long ride. And today on my last time "long" ride (it's relative...it was 30 miles!), I got the wind again. Sometimes at my back. And my front. And my side. Fun times on South MoPac! I had to laugh though because it just seemed appropriate that my time on the bike should end (for this training season for CDA...not forever!) as it began.And I realized during my last loop on the bike that I was actually a bit sad to be letting it go on Saturday. Sort of an odd feeling to be attached to a bike. But we've spent some quality time together! Anyway, I'll see it again in Coeur D'Alene next week...safe and sound.
By the way...that wind was a prelude to the big storm that is coming through Austin right now. Crazy summer storm with thunder, lightning, hail, rain (that we need!). Good sleeping weather! It has not swept through my "tri room"...although from this picture, you wouldn't know it! Off to pack...
No comments:
Post a Comment