For 6 months now, I've been going strongFast and furious and my appetite's come along
I used to eat just like a little bird
Picking at things all day...nothing too absurd.
Then IM training started with workouts twice a day
And meals guided by Meredith became my mainstay.
At first I wasn't great at this new lifestyle plan
But soon enough I came to embrace it and pulled out a pan
Almost every night to cook a great meal
Veggies, chicken, shrimp, and grains were part of the deal.
Cereal and oatmeal and lots of fresh fruit
And even dessert every now and then to boot!
My stomach soon started to learn the new routine
Workout then breakfast, snack, and some noise near my spleen
Lunch, afternoon snack, and then a pre-workout Gu or a bar
To tide me over because dinner time wasn't too far.
So every three hours I'd be eating a treat
And my tummy came to expect that cycle to repeat
And each day it did, come rain or come shine
Until one day we were told that it was taper time!
We have to keep eating and to keep eating well
But the quantities are smaller and my stomach can tell!
"Don't eat like you're biking 100 miles when you're only going 50"
Sounds all good and well but my stomach doesn't think it's so nifty.
It still growls and gurgles and screams for some food
Even though I've fed it enough, it's not always in a good mood.
So appetite o' mine, better get a clue and listen to what I say to do
Our hours have dropped on paper, and I am still giving you plenty of food...so pipe down and just give in to the taper!
2 comments:
I love your taper food poem!!
I'm so excited for you E!! can't wait to be there cheering you on.
An Ode to your Tummy!! I love it!!!
Post a Comment