Saturday, June 20, 2009

here we go...

It's funny to be sitting on the porch of our wonderful, cozy house here in Coeur d'Alene, ID knowing that tomorrow I'll be running past it with a stretch of miles still before me. Bags & bike are in transition. I made sure my legs & arms remembered how to swim, bike, and run. Spent some time with friends in small but wonderful spurts of time. Soaked up the goodness of my teammates and coaches. Gave a little love out in return. And tried to just take it all in and enjoy today. Tomorrow will be a very different day. Unlike anything I've known. I have been oddly calm and peaceful about all of this. I'm overwhelmed (in a good way) about the day tomorrow. I have so much respect for what we're about to do and for what we've already done. We are ready. We've got an AMAZING support group here...seriously, we are so lucky. I can't imagine this without all of the T3 love. We will be surrounded...we will be encouraged by one another...and we will celebrate with one another. What a great day we have ahead of us. Unpredictable. Challenging. Full of lessons. Gratifying. Rewarding. Not unlike training, so,yes, we are ready. Godspeed Ironman athletes & gratitude for everyone along the race course.

No comments: