I'm not quite sure why I chose this quotation for today. Maybe it's because a friend said to me, "You're not the same person you used to be...in a good way." And I got to thinking that I think (hope?) I am becoming more the person I want to be - and maybe have always been but was afraid to be - in baby steps, but still I'm moving in that direction. And some of my getting there is getting over the roadblocks and the resistance that was in the way. Self-inflicted resistance. Old mantras that didn't serve me well. Old pictures of myself that were holding me back. Trying to be less fearful and timid as I move forward...
Be open to the whole journey, all parts of it.
Is there a feeling, a person, a thought, a project that you have been avoiding? Is there some part of your life that you're refusing to deal with or open up to? Is there something you're resisting, something that makes you stubbornly say no? ... Be open to everything. Your most valuable lessons may well come from the things you're resisting most.
(Melody Beattie)
No comments:
Post a Comment