At least in my world.
And yoga means stretching out the body from my weekend and getting my mind in gear for the week.
And this morning it meant crawling out of a very warm and cozy bed to drive to Yoga Vida. Hoping that Deralyn was teaching and looking forward to the heat of the studio since it was chilly and rainy outside. (Honestly, I wanted to stay in bed...but I knew I'd feel better after going to yoga.)
No disappointments as of 7:45 a.m. when I was walking out of the studio on my way to work. Deralyn taught a great class - complete with lots of one-on-one instruction which was awesome...and then the blasted pigeon and frog at the end. I've never been one for birds so it's fitting that one of my least favorite poses (b/c it is SO painful) is pigeon. But I'd never really had a problem with frogs until now!
On through the fast day with college reps, meetings with students, preparations for tonight's Information Night (always makes me SUPER grateful to work where I do...amazing students...wonderful colleagues...a sense that there is good in the world and that all things are possible), dropping my bike at Jack & Adam's for a tune-up (and a new chain!!)...and trying to stay warm! It was the sort of weather today that settles in my bones, chills me through and through, and doesn't creep out until I slide into my bed with my down comforter at night (in just a few minutes!).
Thought for the day from Deralyn...I'm not quite sure what to make of all of it, but I like it: "Stillness creates love; movement creates life." Guess it's a sort of yin-yang thing. We need both - love and life, stillness and energy - in this world. Today was more movement than stillness for me...guess more life than love. I worry that many of my days are more full of movement than stillness. Hopefully this doesn't mean that my life is lacking in love...or that I'm not sharing enough love with people.
I certainly don't feel that way but maybe I'm moving too fast and have missed the signs.
P.S. I ended the day with a few too many handfuls of Reese's Pieces...we'll see how that treats me in the pool tomorrow morning!!
No comments:
Post a Comment