Thursday, October 1, 2009

light show

oops...not that type of light show!
Tonight on my way home from spin I have to admit I was a bit distracted by the fabulous lightning show that was going on to the west of me. Over the hills of Austin the sky was all lit up...quite naturally. It was really something. I wish that I'd been in a place to pull over to the side of the road and watch it. Better yet, I wish I'd been out in the country or on the seashore on a front porch or camping watching it roll in. That's one of my favorite things in life. I love the danger and power and beauty of a good storm. But for tonight, I'll be happy if we do get a nice rainstorm (not the hail they are predicting though!) and I can go to sleep hearing the rain outside. I can't hear it on the roof of my condo but in my mind, I'll imagine rain on a tin roof (another favorite thing!) and it will sing me to sleep. We're supposed to get some good rain storms tonight and throughout the weekend. I can't wait! And my days off couldn't come at a better time training-wise. Speaking of days off...can't wait for those either! One more workout - a swim at BS which I love - and I'm done until Sunday. My body is going to thank me. I'm glad to oblige.

No comments: