Some kitchens might be hidden...what happened in mine today is about to be uncovered.Morning - cookie bars to send to Gran
Mid-day - choosing recipes for the week and after a trip to Costco (with Amy...fun!) and Central Market...
Evening - roasted veggies, Chicken Provencal (minus the olives because I don't like them...oh, the joy of cooking for yourself!), raisin bran muffins
YUM! and FUN! What a nice way to spend the day...in between an 8 mile run and some work to get ready for the two crazy weeks that are ahead of me.
In the midst of my cooking spree today...nice to be back on this schedule of Sunday cooking, by the way...I started to listen to some CDs that Aunt Mary had given to me while I was in CA this summer. I know, it took a while. Well, it was completely appropriate for today because it was "Hidden Kitchens" - Stories from NPR's The Kitchen Sisters. "Hidden Kitchens" explores the "below the radar cooking" and looks at how food brings communities together. I guess my cooking is no longer "below the radar" since I seem to blog about it a lot. And I sure do need to use it to bring some friends together sometime soon. But for today, I enjoyed hearing about the Chili Queens of San Antonio, NASCAR kitchens, and the birth of Rice-A-Roni...which, by the way is known as the "San Francisco Treat" but it's really from the combination of a Canadian, an American, and an Armenian!
P.S. The wine really was for the chicken recipe...I'd already had my adult beverage for the day...we needed something to fight off the humidity after Costco!
No comments:
Post a Comment