Sunday, October 25, 2009

I'm exhausted...

...and I didn't even race today! I only volunteered at the Longhorn 70.3 where a bunch of my T3 teammates were racing...while others raced in D.C., in Perth (well, that was officially yesterday b/c of the time change). (And in Cedar Park yesterday, too). I feel sort of lame for being so tired! Still, I will sleep well tonight after a good number of hours cheering and helping at a water stop - which, by the way, is a serious full-time job.
It was another day that I was so proud to be wearing T3 blue. So proud. So honored. So inspired. From start to finish (from pre-dawn until nearly dusk), T3 was out in full force (around the globe!). Veterans of the 1/2 Ironman distance and rookies alike finished on a great but challenging course today. It was cool to see people PR and truly amazing to see teammates like Mary Egan bring it home. You see such incredible things when people challenge themselves and see what they are made of. It's always humbling to observe...and experience. Today made me feel full of life and encouraged to go out there and keep living life in a big way!
And the same thing happened in D.C., Perth, and Cedar Park. I'm going into my Conroe taper (yay!!) incredibly inspired by everything I witnessed this weekend. (Now to stay healthy & injury-free!)

2 comments:

md said...

thanks so much for being out there! your cheers helped me stay strong!

you're gonna do great at Conroe!

Tia said...

Thanks Elizabeth! You were awesome out there!