Wednesday, October 14, 2009

what a week...

...but I made it! I kept telling myself last week that if I could just make it to this Wednesday (today) that all would be well in my work world. And it now feels like it is. At least as far as big events go. College Fair last week...PSAT Day and Essay Editing Day today. Now they are all behind me. And as far as I can tell, everything went smoothly. HUGE thanks to my colleagues who helped make today go so well at school. The logistics are tricky. Basically, I'm trying to keep all the "trains" coming and going from the station on time. 10th and 11th graders in classrooms taking the PSAT with fabulous faculty proctors; 12th graders in classrooms working with amazing teachers who help them with their college essays OR in the library working with our great college counselors on their college applications.
And then lunch with my sweet advisees...it always stresses me out because there are cars + teenagers involved. And everyone treats the event like a bit of a "jail break" since we feel like we're breaking the rules being off campus for lunch! But today was fun - as it always is. And you'd think I'd learn to relax about it, but I think I'm just wired to worry like this. Home Slice treated us well and by mid-afternoon my advisees were on their way home or to musical rehearsal and I was on my way back to pack up the PSAT. With that finished (only took about 2 hours this year!), I headed over to track practice.
BEST SURPRISE in a long time...football game at O'Henry!!!! This means we do "track" in the neighborhood. I've seriously been waiting a year for this to happen...and I missed it last week when it did. You know my issues with track practice. Well, I don't mind track practice when it's not on the track! Very humid weather made the workout extra tough but it felt really good to complete it. Last "big" week in Conroe training so I'm trying to focus and push hard. Been tough with my work schedule and early a.m. meetings but I think I'm getting my hours in. Plus, I'll do 100 miles on the bike this weekend so I'm definitely going to have my work cut out for me.
Goal last week was to survive this CRAZY week...check! Now sleep - looking forward to a good night's sleep...a satisfied sleep.

No comments: