...Honeycrisp apples!Seriously, I think these might be the perfect apples. Jess said so about a week ago. Amy confirmed it this past weekend. And I finally tried one this week. WOW. I've almost polished off the apples that I bought and am contemplating a trip back to Costco to get more because they are SUCH a good deal there.
I'm not quite sure how to describe them except for to quote Jess, "Imagine your perfect apple and it's a Honeycrisp!" Sorry I can't pay you royalties for that statement, Jess. But she's right. It's a little tart. Plenty sweet. Very crisp. And almost a mini-meal in itself. YUM. 4-star rating from me...and I know a thing or two about apples seeing as I eat one pretty much EVERY day for lunch.
...BINGO! As in the game. Not the song. Not the expression (although I think/fear I use it often). But the game. Played it tonight with some other fun-loving folks and laughed my head off. Really, it's such a silly game of chance. But it's no-pressure fun. Perhaps the best part is the dauber you get to use. Yes, I actually left mine at Mercury Hall although I was VERY tempted to take it home as a souvenir since I didn't win a single round of Bingo. But I was at the winning table...4 out of 7 winners from the night were at our table. CRAZY. We loved it and found ourselves finding the person closest to winning and willing that letter-number combination to fall from the ball basket. Warning - anyone celebrating my birthday with me this year might be subjected to Bingo. Get your daubers ready!...games in general! Not the emotional games that some people play. In fact, I hate those. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm way too straightforward for them, I'm really quite pitiful at them, and I wear my heart on my sleeve and my emotions too close to the surface to play games. (FYI - flirting is not a game...unless you are setting out to mess with someone and then it is a game...but I digress.) And I've actually been really lucky in my life that I've observed emotional game playing but been subjected to very little of it. But I've always loved card games, board games, word games...you name it. I like to play it. Even if I'm not very good at it. And twice recently when I've been in a funk, sad about something, games have given me big laughs. So bring on the games!
...the (possible) cold front we're getting! I hate to write it in fear of jinxing all of us. BUT, it's supposed to be in the 70s this weekend with relatively low humidity. I'm sure I won't be able to stop chattering about it when/if it happens so I'll stop chattering about it now.
No comments:
Post a Comment