Tuesday, October 20, 2009

squash soup...

...FAIL!
Seriously. If I ever invite you over for dinner and tell you that I'm serving squash soup, RUN do not walk away from the table. I've tried to choke it down twice now and ended up getting through about 4 bites of it at lunch today before I finally had to admit - to myself and to my colleagues whom I was eating with - that it is just not good. It has all good stuff in it. Squash. Onions. Spices. Chicken broth. And I'm sure it's packed with vitamins. But there's something about it that makes me want to gag. Maybe it's the curry? Maybe it's the way the squash cooks up? Who knows. At any rate, although it pains this "puritan at heart" who never wastes things, I think I'm going to have to introduce Mr. Squash Soup to Mr. Garbage Disposal.
I know, I know...there are starving children in Africa and even here in Austin, but I wouldn't give this to even the most hungry person.
On the bright side, it was a labor intensive recipe that I'm sort of relieved I don't have to repeat! And I did get a couple of meals out of it. And I didn't have to subject anyone else to it...ah, the joy of cooking for one!
P.S. I love that my post today is not anything like my post yesterday! Welcome to my life...

No comments: