Wednesday, October 7, 2009

harvest moon

Well, I'm not sure there was really a harvest moon in Austin tonight but it sure did look like it. Orange. Low in the sky. Not completely full but getting there. And as if it were painted there just for me, I saw it on my way home from a college fair a tad before 10:00 p.m. and it immediately calmed by nerves. To be more exact, it let me breathe again. I'm pretty sure the pace of the last three days has had me on the verge of hyperventilating. Something I didn't even realize until I started breathing normally again this evening. Now to hang on to that through this next week.
College fair was a success which is always a great thing! Good feedback from admissions reps and from SAS families and students. Excellent!
Now for two more days of "barber shop" schedules. That's what I call these days when one college rep leaves and another comes in immediately. Like a barber shop where one guy gets out of the chair and the barber looks up and says, "Next..."
And then final prep work for the PSAT and Essay Editing Day next Wednesday...and then a slight pause. Phew. And on top of it all, I'm launching some new college counseling stuff at school - trying to get technology to help me...why does it always seem like more work at first?!
In other matters, when it comes to relationships with my family I am convinced I am going to die an eternal optimist that when things are rough that they will get better. I'm stubborn when it comes to letting people go because I have this fierce loyalty to and passion for family and friends. But I do sometimes have to wonder if I'm being foolish in my optimism and hopefulness? I guess only time will tell.
Life is very full and busy right now. There is no downtime at work. There is very little downtime outside of work (partly because work sometimes spills over into my "outside of work" life...but only for another little while). It's all good. I'm not complaining. There is a certain rush from being this busy, that's for sure. I'm just not sure how I'm keeping up with it all...I hope I AM keeping up with it all! I know someone will tell me if I'm not!

No comments: