Wednesday, February 11, 2009

it's a great day to...

...be alive...live in Austin, Texas...go for a run...work at St. Andrew's...drive with the windows down and some good music coming from the radio...smile.
It was a great day in Austin, Texas. It felt exciting like the first day of spring - even though it hasn't even felt that much like winter lately. We had good bell music at school (instead of shrill bells to mark the end of each period, we have a sound system that plays music...some days it is like we're on a death march and other days it is pure fun. Today was the latter...probably a student's mix!). Kids were playing frisbee at advisory and hanging out on the lawn at lunch. I propped my door open and worked with some fresh air in my office. After work I opted for a run with Amy and Val around Town Lake instead of track practice. I didn't officially have to do another run workout this week so I figured this was a good trade...and I was dying to enjoy Austin on such a pretty day. Also meant I got home earlier which my spirits were craving. I've been able to tend to things here at home and feel like I've regrouped a little before the second half of the week is upon me. Felt good to tidy things up at home - and good to be able to sneak some baking in! (Advisee request for birthday cake - cookie cake...check!)
Final plan of the day...re-introduce ample hours of sleep to my schedule! Another major incentive of getting home early. 5 hours a night is not going to cut it any more...I know that. So here I go to wrap up a final sheet of cookies, a few more emails for work, a call home to mom, packing the bags for tomorrow...and then to bed!

No comments: