Again, my thoughts have been all over the map today. Serious scatter here. Everything from workouts to poverty in West Virginia. From oatmeal raisin cookies for my advisees to conversations with college admissions representatives. So, maybe the thing to do today is to do something I rarely do and just take you through my day!- 4:45 a.m. alarm goes off and I roll out of bed (after I hit snooze once!) to get in my bathing suit and grab all of my bags for the day (four total today - "wide load coming through" is what I feel like I should bark as I try to get out of my door holding my backpack, my bag of spin stuff, my computer bag for school, and my bag full of fuel for the day)
- swim from 5:45-7:15 a.m.
- have some laughs with the morning Lost Creek locker room crew (Blythe, Michelle, and Jen this morning) as we all get ready for work
- at work by 8:00 a.m. ...finally get to eat breakfast, ice the shin, catch up with a colleague, and be ready to meet with a student by 8:30 a.m.
- work, work work...catching up on emails, phone calls, other things going on around school. Chase down advisees for needed paperwork. Meet with a junior and her mom. Lunch - another catch-up time with a colleague. Chapel...try to keep 10 seniors quiet...and still awake! Teach a 9th grade service learning class. Today's topic: poverty in Appalachia (more on that in another blog b/c it's heart-breaking). More desk work in the afternoon mixed in with visits from students with questions. And then, afternoon clean-up (it's a boys week...they crack me up). A steady flow of people in and out of my office until 4:45 when I need to go change for spin class.
- 5:10 p.m. make my way to the PTC (traffic wasn't bad today) wondering if it's the best idea since I had such a tough time with class yesterday. Figured I would go and give it a whirl. Got there sort of late-ish so I started a new row...in the front. I'm never in the front. Thankfully Jess walked in right after that and then Lindsey and Tenille so we were the front row together. It was actually sort of fun. Had a GREAT workout tonight. No clue why it was so tough for me last night. Held my cadence in the right gear...you should understand that this NEVER happens to me?! Must have been the workout we did. It was a solid one...we kept pushing all the way through. And I'm just hopeful that the PTC dries out overnight...we left some serious pools of condensation on the floor.
- stretching and some catching up with teammates after the workout
- 8:00 p.m. quick trip to the grocery...needed some items to make oatmeal raisin cookies for my advisees...as promised
- 8:35 p.m. chili waiting for me at home...yum! Perfect food ending to a dreary, rainy day! Iced the leg as I ate dinner...yes, I can multi-task.
- after dinner-bedtime: made cookies, checked email, caught up on blogs and beginner tri log, not too much work since work email isn't working
- 9:58 p.m. blog
- 10:15 p.m. pack the bags for tomorrow...core in the a.m. and aqua jogging in the p.m.
- sleep by 10:45 p.m.
And that, my friends, was my day. Of course, there were lots of things in between, but that's the framework of it. Not too exciting. Not too dull. A pretty typical Tuesday.
No comments:
Post a Comment