...is the number of hours of sleep that I managed to work into my day yesterday. All at once. Good, quality, nighttime, "out like a light" sleep.And I loved it! And my body was so grateful! Of course, this was only achieved because I didn't go to swim practice this morning (remember, I'm on the C plan this week, folks). But maybe, just maybe, I can work it into my schedule more regularly. Or at least aim for 7. I'm thinking it's essential from here on out to stay healthy and injury free and rested. Easier said than done. It boggles my mind that I can be extremely disciplined about SO many other things and not this...never too late to give it another try. (For the record, I make a new resolution to get more sleep at least four times a year...if not more frequently. Yes, I have issues with this...and I know it's silly.) But I have new energy around it this time, especially since I could tell a difference today.
I woke up feeling rested and even eager to get out of bed and start the day. And spin class tonight was a totally different deal than I've had in a long time. Maybe it was because I was not willing to give in mentally or give myself a break physically. I knew it was my first and only workout of the day...no excuses. And I think I also had last week's computrainer session on my mind as a poignant reminder of how much work I still really need on my cycling. I feel like I've made great strides in that area on the road itself. I'm so much more comfortable and confident riding now that it's not even funny. But indoors on the trainer, aside from my insane ability to sit on a trainer for a looooooooong time, I still need to really focus on working 100% (or more) each time to improve everything from pedal stroke to strength. Tonight's workout was tough...really tough...but I kept with it. (Maybe it was because my great training buddy Blythe forced me to the front row...not very C student-ish of me but I was up there and maybe being with the front row, A+ students inspired me!) Hit the cadences on the right gear almost every time and felt really good about it all at the end. Yeah! A good confidence boost on the bike. (Something even a B student would feel good about!)
Tomorrow it's an open water swim and then staying tuned to the T3 forum for our weekend plans...weather might give us a reason to run on Saturday and ride/brick on Sunday. Should be fun! Good times with spring in central Texas! Thankfully I won't be trying to leave town this time so the flip-flop in the schedule won't stress me out.
Off to finish some cookies for tomorrow...it's been my birthday baking month for colleagues at school so I've been baking up a storm lately. This is the last of the last of the baking experiments for a while! Added a few new twists to Peach Dump Cake, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, Peanut Butter Bars, Extra Chocolate-y Brownies, and Mocha Cookies. I really do love it, but my sugar levels will be glad for me to put away the Mix Master for a while. (Don't worry, T3ers, if there are leftovers after Friday they will make their way to our ride this weekend...)
No comments:
Post a Comment