...and it's only Thursday!But this week has made me have a new appreciation for people who work much harder than I do. For people who have two jobs to support their families or pay the bills or be able to do something they love. For people who never get weekends. For people who go to work early and don't stop until late night. For people who work all day and come home to stress at home.
I don't know how they do it day after day - and have a good attitude and have enough in them to be kind to their friends or spouses or kids or co-workers.
When I look back on my week, part of what made it tough was being gone last weekend and having two evening events. I realize that I'm really spoiled. I work very hard. But I have time to myself. Time to spend exercising and training. Time to spend with family and friends. Time to spend cooking and listening to music and resting and being outdoors and doing other things that I love. I get a weekend each week to fill with whatever I like, even if it involves some necessary work.
When I looked at my sink tonight - I'd been too tired to deal with it last night - I was shocked at how quickly my life at home had gotten so messy. Usually, I'm really good about the kitchen but this week, it got the better of me. Bottles are soaking to rid them of Infinit residue. A bundt cake pan that delivered birthday treats to someone at school needs some attention. Tupperware that held brownies and rice krispy treats for another colleague with a birthday needs a good soaking. And dishes from dinner need to be thrown in the dishwasher. AH! I'm becoming the roommates that used to drive me crazy with their dirty dishes.
And with that realization, I'm off to remedy this problem - a clean kitchen sink for Friday...and a continued respect for those who find themselves fighting to keep a clean sink every day and every week.
No comments:
Post a Comment