Sunday, April 26, 2009

would one of these work for Austin?

Supposedly this little contraption senses if it's too humid in your house, office, building, etc... and corrects the problem. Wish there had been one for Austin this morning when it was time for our 18 mile run! Seriously, I forget how yucky humidity makes me feel. I actually felt better this week than I did last week (no muscle aches, light headedness, etc...) but I felt like I was drained of all energy. And I had woken up excited about our run! But by mile 8 it looked like I'd been swimming in Barton Springs and I'd already downed more water than normal. Same scene mile 9-18...water, water, water...every time I could get it. Serious thanks to Blythe and Liz who just kept running...left me no choice but to follow. And we finished in a faster time than I expected given how I was feeling - but not quite as fast as I anticipated before I set foot out the door. Ah...no worries. We did it. All 18 miles. And then enjoyed breakfast at Whole Foods...love this little tradition of ours.
The afternoon included some laundry, errands (new running shoes, new heart rate monitor strap), grocery, and a 24-Carrot cupcake from Hey Cupcake! enjoyed with Amy...yum. Also got to catch up with Zap on the phone...long overdue...yeah! And am getting ready for the week ahead. It looks like another busy one with lots of meetings as well as prepping for AP exams to begin the following week.
Off to pack for the day tomorrow. And, it looks like the humidity today wasn't a tease...we're actually supposed to get some rain tomorrow...might be bad thunderstorms...sort of wish we'd get them tonight. Nothing like a good sleep with a rainstorm outside.

1 comment:

reyacono said...

If nothing else, training in Austin prepares you for practically any weather contingency except conditions you would never race in anyway!

We were dripping last night on our hill workout too -- Ick.

~Rebecca