The day started with balloons and a birthday tiara for Laura at spin! Yeah! Happy birthday, Laura!!The festivities quickly gave way to work. I actually tried to extend my stretching time as much as possible a) because I felt like my legs needed it and b) because I knew that my tasks at work were a little daunting. But eventually I was there, plunging into the day. The morning flew by. I felt like a machine the way I was churning through things. Transcripts. Meetings. Emails. AP exam details. Students. Parents. Planning for upcoming meetings. Teaching.
By mid-afternoon I was feeling like I'd been really productive. Until I looked at my "to do" list and realized I could only cross one thing off the list. Seriously?! What's the point in feeling like a machine if you have not actually been a machine?!
Anyway, when I was laughing about it with a colleague he said, "Oh, you need to do what I do on days like that. Make a list of all of the things you have done, call it your "to do" list for that day, and then cross everything off. It makes you feel a lot better." I laughed out loud. What a great idea! I might have to do the same thing on Wednesday given the looks of things...ah, yes, it's the end of April in a school. Never a dull moment!
No comments:
Post a Comment