So I thought today might start off more smoothly than the past few days...no such luck. But such crummy luck (over very small things) that it was laughable! When my alarm went off my body totally took over my mind and said, "No way, no how am I letting you get away with only 5 hours of sleep...back to bed you go. You can swim on your own at Stacy Pool in 45 minutes." My mind said, "But...the coached workout at Lost Creek...Blythe is there...your teammates are there..." My body didn't care and I had no choice but to listen to it. So I rolled over and caught up on a little sleep.When my alarm went off again I was feeling better and by body was ready to go. Off to Stacy Pool I went only to drive into a very empty parking lot. First clue that something wasn't right. Second clue was the locked gate that stood between me and the empty pool. Yep. Spring cleaning...no swimming at Stacy. Fine. I headed to Deep Eddy...it would be cold but it would be okay. I've been cold before. The parking lot was full but only on the side away from the pool entrance so I started getting suspicious that something was going on here, too. Or maybe that nothing related to swimming was going on! Sure enough, another locked gate. Barton Springs...I thought. I know it's open! I could do my open water swim today...ah, but no wetsuit. So I just swam in the springs as if it was any other swimming pool. And I have to tell you, I love swimming there without my wetsuit. Sure, it's chilly but that's okay. It's the first time I've been in there in months without my wetsuit and it felt pretty freeing! Cranked out 3200, creating my own workout of pulling, swimming with fins, drills, etc... and felt good about it.
Non-stop at work again...I have to remember that AP exams chew me up and spit me out each year. They involve more details than any test should have. I have to send more emails than any human should have to send (or receive!). And I create more lists than should be allowed for one project. I have to remember that it's always better once they just begin! It's all the prep work that feels like an obstacle course.
But I finished planning in time to go to spin class...which was the plan for the day but given how my days have gone, I'm trying to be flexible with my plans. Sort of. Good class with Chrissie - actually a really tough class (as usual!). And I felt strong - surprisingly strong. I can count the times I've felt strong in spin class on one hand so this was exciting.
Home to start pulling a few things together for the weekend...a lot of us are doing the Shiner Ride on Saturday. It's a 100 mile ride from Austin to Shiner, TX. Should be a blast! Love a century that is supported! And I'm excited to ride with Amy and experience her first 100-mile ride with her - she's going to be great. (Note: I realize that sounds like I'm a pro at 100-milers...not so. But I have a couple under my belt thanks to CDA training!) On that note...back to the packing...and then the sleeping. Going to do at least 1-2 full hours better than last night!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment