...and I'm not quite sure why. Maybe it's because I got more sleep last night (so I had more energy to smile - nah...doesn't ever take that much energy to smile!)? Maybe it's because the weather was amazing today? Maybe it's because the day started with core (and one of Chrissie's "we're one big happy, core-doing family" workouts with no equipment)? Maybe it's because the day ended with track (and one of my favorite of Logan's workouts...3 min @ 10K pace, 2 min @ 5K pace, 1 min @ faster than 5K three times through + a bonus "fast as you can go" 200)? And both times I was surrounded by hysterical, wonderful teammates? Maybe it's because I felt strong at both workouts...even if my muscles were quivering at core and my lungs were burning at track? Maybe it's because some of our seniors delivered incredible graduation speeches today to try out for that honor? Maybe it's because...well, who knows why it was such a smiley day. In all honesty, there were plenty of things to derail my smile and turn it into a frown or a scowl but neither expression stuck so back to a smile my lips went. And the more I smiled, the more I came to believe that all of the good outweighed the bad. I feel like I'm emerging from the foggy funk that took over my body and spirit the last couple of days...thank goodness. I'm afraid I don't know what to do with myself when I'm in a funk! And I'm sure I'm much more pleasant to be around when I'm not in a funk! Back to my usual self, friends...well, my "slacker" self this week. On that note, off to bed...and I'm sleeping in tomorrow! No morning swim for me - per strict orders from Chrissie AND to keep my pact with Michelle.
just some thoughts all about the ways in which life continues to surprise me. in BIG ways and in small ways as well. reflections that remind me that we're always changing and growing...hopefully for the better! and perhaps it's also a reminder that there are some very sweet things, special people, wonderful places, and memorable moments in all of our lives...sometimes we just need to slow down to take it all in. and give thanks.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
all smiles...
...and I'm not quite sure why. Maybe it's because I got more sleep last night (so I had more energy to smile - nah...doesn't ever take that much energy to smile!)? Maybe it's because the weather was amazing today? Maybe it's because the day started with core (and one of Chrissie's "we're one big happy, core-doing family" workouts with no equipment)? Maybe it's because the day ended with track (and one of my favorite of Logan's workouts...3 min @ 10K pace, 2 min @ 5K pace, 1 min @ faster than 5K three times through + a bonus "fast as you can go" 200)? And both times I was surrounded by hysterical, wonderful teammates? Maybe it's because I felt strong at both workouts...even if my muscles were quivering at core and my lungs were burning at track? Maybe it's because some of our seniors delivered incredible graduation speeches today to try out for that honor? Maybe it's because...well, who knows why it was such a smiley day. In all honesty, there were plenty of things to derail my smile and turn it into a frown or a scowl but neither expression stuck so back to a smile my lips went. And the more I smiled, the more I came to believe that all of the good outweighed the bad. I feel like I'm emerging from the foggy funk that took over my body and spirit the last couple of days...thank goodness. I'm afraid I don't know what to do with myself when I'm in a funk! And I'm sure I'm much more pleasant to be around when I'm not in a funk! Back to my usual self, friends...well, my "slacker" self this week. On that note, off to bed...and I'm sleeping in tomorrow! No morning swim for me - per strict orders from Chrissie AND to keep my pact with Michelle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so glad I went to track practice last night after my much-needed nap and inner dialogue about not wanting to be there. I was even playing the, "I can get up and do the workout on my own in the morning" game. I'm so glad I didn't do that. As always, the workout was tough, but fun!
Post a Comment