Over the years I've brought a mix of homemade bread and store bought (usually a trip to Central Market on Sunday) bread but it's become something I'm sort of known for at school. Great..."the bread lady"...how weird is that?! But I tell my students at the beginning of each year that it's my little way of trying to slow us all down on a Monday morning and to remind of us the simple things in life and how they can provide us with joy. Goofy. Corny. Yep. All of that but it's something they remember - and former advisees ask me if I still do it. Funny. I worry about the big things and whether they will remember those and then one of them reminds me that it's the little things that make a difference and that make an impression on the soul.
This week's choice was fresh whole wheat bread from Central Market...last week it was 7 seed bread from Whole Foods...who knows what will inspire me for the next Monday?
On the training front, we had a hill workout tonight. It's the "backwards P" workout behind O'Henry. We did it 6 times through...1 long hill + 1 short but steep one...and some downhills and flats in between. Blythe, Amy, and I held 4:25 on the dot for all six. Sweet! Getting better at this consistency thing. Even with seriously tight hamstrings and calves. As Blythe and I said, it's a reminder that even when we think we're at our end, our bodies have a little more to give to the workout. However, I'm afraid my rolling efforts won't have been enough tonight but I need to get to bed so it will have to do!
Off to the pool tomorrow...please, please, please don't let us have a long fin set. Otherwise, you will all hear my calves screaming from Lost Creek pool!!! Hope they don't wake you up at 5:45 a.m.
No comments:
Post a Comment