Thursday, March 5, 2009

thursday already and finally

I need a few more hours in each day...or a few more days in each week. Scratch that last suggestion. I'll settle for an extra hour or two each day. Been playing catch up since I returned to Austin. Emails. Phone calls. Projects. They seem never-ending this week! Looking forward to Friday when we have conference day at school and without conferences for seniors the other college counselors and I get to use the day as a big ole workday to contact colleges and check on our students' applications. And we get to do this from home or wherever we choose to work! What a treat!
This day also gives me the flexibility to grab coffee with two former students. I bet they have no idea how it does my heart such good to hear from them. Really, I'm touched that during their Spring Break they would take the time to get in touch with me and try to see me. It's the little things like this that remind me that my job does have meaning, that I just might be making a difference in someone's life (even if it's only a handful of kids, even if it's only for a brief time in their lives)...and that thought is wonderful...and terrifying. Makes me careful. Makes me feel very small. Makes me feel like I'm on the right path. All of those things all at once. My usual state of confusion!
Looking forward to the weekend to regroup...it's a shorter week in terms of workouts so I should have a little more free time to gather myself before I head into next week. Phew.

No comments: