Ever been to the pound and seen that cute little puppy in the cage and you stare at it and it stares back at you and you're both just trying to figure one another out. It's thinking, "Are you my new owner?" And you are thinking, "Just what sort of dog ARE you?" You've nearly convinced yourself that it's a beagle and then you take a look at its tail and think it has to have some retriever in it. And that fur, maybe it has some sort of terrier traits, too. Come to think of it, it kind of looks like a small rottweiler...with the temperament of a lab because it's so friendly? Bottom line: you will never know! That cute little puppy will continue to surprise you, proving time and time again that it is a classic mutt.Well, I think that maybe I'm a classic personality mutt. I know, those of you who know me are thinking that there's no way. That I'm a predictable, consistent, "what you see is what you get" kind of gal. And, I am...but not always. And today I reminded myself of that as I kept seeing myself in different ways - and laughing about it. To prove a point...
- I'm a strong Type A who is working part of Spring Break...but today I arrived at my office in my yoga clothes and fuzzy crocs and proceeded to work while switching from the country music radio station to Bob FM
- I'm a neat freak about some things...but I often have a very messy desk (and at least one messy part of the house)- I'm a strong Type A who is working part of Spring Break...but today I arrived at my office in my yoga clothes and fuzzy crocs and proceeded to work while switching from the country music radio station to Bob FM
- I'm an only child (sort of - see next item)...but I rarely act like one when it comes to sharing (I play and live well with others)
- I'm the oldest child (three half-siblings)...but I'm actually not the bossy one of the group!- I try to eat healthy...but I will eat plenty of raw cookie dough when making cookies
- I usually indulge in water and more water and more water...but if I'm going to have a drink, I'll choose wine or something like a vodka and soda over beer any day!?- I love camping, hiking, and don't mind getting dirty...but I need a good dose of being "girly" every once in a while, too
- I'm not a mom...but I feel like I have as many kids as I have students in any given year (and I sometimes refer to them as "my kids" - yes, 18 year-olds love someone else in their lives calling them "kids"!)
- I LOVE fruit (nearly any kind)...but only when it's real (I hate fruit flavored sports gels, fake fruit in pastries, etc...)- I'm not a mom...but I feel like I have as many kids as I have students in any given year (and I sometimes refer to them as "my kids" - yes, 18 year-olds love someone else in their lives calling them "kids"!)
- I hate being cold...but I don't mind cold weather (as long as I can stay warm...fire in the fireplace? warm fleece? hot chocolate? I'm happy!)
- People have complimented me on my patience...but I have a really hard time being patient with myself
- I am getting pretty good at reading texts from other people that contain abbreviations...but I can't bring myself to abbreviate in my own (and I've been known to correct my own texts! It's bad, I know)- People have complimented me on my patience...but I have a really hard time being patient with myself
- I love ice cream (seriously, I can't have it in the house...it's a problem)...but any cream-based soups or sauces make me sick
- I hold myself to standards that I would NEVER ask of anyone else and I'm harder on myself than I would ever be on anyone else
- I think I sometimes come across as being serious...but it takes next to nothing to make me laugh (and if it's Amy telling one of her funny stories - like tonight at run practice - I'm likely to laugh about it time and time again...even when I've heard it before)
Yep...certified mutt status right here. Not a bad thing. I've always been partial to mutts myself. I think they are more interesting.
P.S. Nap update on day #2 of being an official napper: 20 minute nap before run practice tonight...I'm sure you could all tell with the blazing speed that I showed on the 12th Street hill?! I'm not sure my legs felt any more rested than they did before the nap but I know it's good for me...and it felt good.
No comments:
Post a Comment