Thursday, March 26, 2009

all in a day's weather

Welcome to central Texas in the spring...

Morning weather: overcast, even a little drizzle/heavy mist, cool...want to crawl back into bed weather (but I couldn't!)
Evening weather: cool, clear, sunny...want to drive with your windows down and music blaring (and I did!)

Driving to work from Lost Creek where we'd had swim practice seriously made me wish for Spring Break again and the chance to take a nap...immediately!

Driving from work to the PTC for spin this afternoon made me want to go for a drive in the country...instead I found some good tunes on the radio (Van Morrison...love it!) and rolled all the windows down. Put me in a good mood for spin - where I was determined to have a stronger workout than I'd had on Tuesday night.

And I did. Mind over matter?

Without getting too "deep" today was a picture perfect model of things/days in life that start off dreary getting better...and the best thing, there wasn't a darn thing I could do to make that happen or had to do to make that happen. Sometimes it's good for me to remember to sit back, be patient, and let time take its course. Honestly, I find something very freeing remembering that there are things that I'm not in control of (like the weather!)...ahh...one less thing to worry about.

(P.S. That is not my dog...although if it happened to wander into my home I'd want to keep it!)

No comments: