...NAPPER!I remember a while back that Coach Logan said, "Triathletes don't sleep in...we nap!" And I thought, "Hmmm...I might be in trouble. I'm not a good napper - unless I'm sick. I'm not all that good at sleeping in either - unless I'm sick."
Well, today, I became a napper. And not because I'm sick. Because I was tired. Because we had a full weekend of training and because I pushed myself on my run this morning and because I didn't get enough sleep last week with the pre-Spring Break rush at school...and, well, I guess I don't need any excuses. I needed this nap!
Usually I come up with a million excuses why I can't or shouldn't nap - errands to do, cleaning to do, it's too late in the day and will interrupt my nighttime sleep, food to cook, phone calls to make, bills to pay...you get the drift. Today, no excuses. It was a little later than I would have liked to be napping but I thought, "What the heck, 45 minutes is 45 minutes." And with that attitude, I hopped in bed and slept. Good sleep. Fall asleep when your head hits the pillow sleep. Woke up in time to throw dinner together, chat with Erin a little, chat with Ayesha (in Venezuela...it had been WAY too long), get my act together for tomorrow, and get excited about going back to sleep. Yes, I think I'm a little sleep deprived. Hope to remedy that this week of Spring Break.
So day #1 of napping was a good day! Had a superb run - really, better than I might have hoped since I was tackling 15 miles by myself. Felt strong and happy and good. Two bag ice bath after the run - hope it helps the legs get back in action because it sure was painfully cold! CDA meeting at the PTC - yeah, coaches, this was helpful...thank you! And it's always good to be with teammates. There's just good energy at the PTC. Lunch with Bert and Sarah - so good to catch up with them. Grocery store. And then home for laundry...and my nap.
I could get used to this...at least for this week of Spring Break.
1 comment:
you better get used to the naps. They become your friends.
Post a Comment