Friday, March 27, 2009

friday quotation

My college counselor had this posted on her door when I was in high school. She was a complete inspiration to me, and I try to emulate the care and concern that she showed to me everyday with my students. I've never forgotten this quotation, even though I had to read it about ten times the first time I saw it (it sounds almost like a riddle!). And even though I thought it was just one of those things that adults told you to try to make you feel better when something didn't go your way.
It sort of is that kind of thing.
But it also makes a whole lot of sense.

"Some luck lies in not getting what you thought you wanted but getting what you have, which once you have it you may be smart enough to see is what you would have wanted had you know." (Garrison Keillor)

No comments: