Friday, March 13, 2009

friday quotation

This sounds very formal and really it's more heartfelt than formal...but this post goes out especially to my T3 teammates and coaches whose kindness, encouragement, and inspiration is overwhelming.

My quotation for today was going to be part of a song I heard recently:

"we all need something bigger than ourselves to rescue us from us
we all need something bigger than ourselves to hold our heads up..."

and I still think it fits for today.

But my team is more than just something bigger than myself. It's a precious community that I've been lucky enough to find a home in.

"Surround yourself only with people who are going to lift you higher. Remember, we all stumble, every one of us. That's why it is a comfort to go hand in hand." (Emily Kimbrough)

I'm surrounded by incredible people (in T3 and outside of T3; but for today, the focus is on my coaches and teammates in T3)...thank you for being there when I stumble and for being a comfort everyday. I've been blessed with more than I deserve. Hope I can continue to return the gift...

1 comment:

erin said...

giant giant giant hug, E!