Monday, July 27, 2009

and so goes the flow

Some nuggets from yoga this morning...which, by the way, made me smile. Got to figure out a way to work it into my weekly schedule (and thanks to showers at the new Yoga Vida on 7th Street and Chrissie with her suggestions for my new training routine, I think I can!).
Here are the words that Dean started the class with:
"Imagine this, without me the birds keep flying. Without me the fish keep swimming. And the tides keep coming in and out. And the world keeps on going. We're really very small in the world...and so goes the flow."
I never think of myself as so important that the world would stop if I were to suddenly disappear. And I have certainly learned through years of practice of messing up and learning to say "no" that the world won't even stop when I make a mistake or say that I cannot do something for someone - don't laugh, for this little perfectionist this was a tough thing to learn. But still, it's sort of refreshing to be reminded that what we do day in and day out really does not mess with the flow of things on the planet.

(Exception: messing with the flow of traffic in Austin is a totally different deal and can be accomplished fairly easily.)

No comments: