
some believe in destiny
some believe in fate
I believe that happiness is something we create...
(Sugarland)
I know, I know, these are sort of cheesy lines from a cheesy country song, but I love the message. It leaves us with all sorts of power to find ways to make ourselves happy! Like going to see family and cheer teammates on at Vineman this weekend. Like getting a good run in that makes me feel healthy and more alive - even if I felt like I was swimming through the humid air. Like spending time with friends. Like finding pleasure in the simple things (sno cones, a favorite song, cold water when it's 100+ degrees, seeing someone smile, a green light just when you need one...the list could go on and on).
At the end of the day, I'm realizing that I'm more simple than I thought. Sure, I find ways to complicate my life - and sometimes life just gets complicated. But in terms of what I really need materially (except for this crazy sport of triathlon), emotionally, socially, etc... I don't need a whole lot. So, maybe the answer to happiness for me is to create a life full of simple things.
Friends. Family. Love. Laughter. Staying healthy.
Here's to whatever it is that makes you happy...make it more a part of your life!
No comments:
Post a Comment