...were my task today.I have had a lot of little projects sitting around my house since...well, I'm not really sure how long I've been meaning to do some things. But for a good long while. Taking the recycling to school. Getting rid of old issues of magazines. Trying to fix a pipe under my sink (might be calling for some assistance here since I can't seem to get it to stay for very long...).
But today the main project was my desk. It's in my spare bedroom which quickly became my "tri room" when I took up more serious triathlon training. Boxes with Gus, Honey Stinger chews, Body Glide, USAT registration forms, etc... sit neatly in one corner of the room next to the book shelf where some photos live, too. A chair from Gran and Granddaddy's room is in the corner and I would like to say that I sit in it and read and put my feet up on the ottoman that Granddaddy used to sit on to put his shoes on with his shoehorn each morning. But I don't. Maybe this coming year I will. On the other side of
the room is my desk. Or what in previous years was used as a desk but somehow became more a collecting spot for random items this past year.Anyway, I want to start using it as a desk again. Which means I needed to clear it off! So after my run (first run since CDA and I did a 4 mile walk-jog that felt really good) and some T3 tennis (what a hoot...I need a little - okay A LOT of - work before I'm allowed on the court in any serious capacity!), I "grounded" myself and cranked up the music in my condo to make the work pass quickly. Or make it more enjoyable. Or something.
After many hours of making decisions about whether to keep, recycle, or shred stuff...filing stuff...moving stuff to other rooms where it belonged...and vowing to myself that it would never get this bad again (how many times have I said that?!)...I am finally sitting here at my clean desk blogging and feeling a certain sense of accomplishment.
No comments:
Post a Comment