...I haven't done my summer reading for school! It's like one of those bad dreams from when you were a kid. You meant to do the reading all summer and now the beginning of school is staring you in the face and you are not ready! Luckily, I only have one book to read though. And I don't have to do a book report on it. But I do have to be ready to talk about it in an in-service in the fall. And I know better than to delay the reading until school actually begins. So, tonight I will begin The Parents We Mean to Be: How Well-Intentioned Adults Undermine Children's Moral and Emotional Development. Yikes. Obviously, I'm not a parent. But I am a well-intentioned adult. Here's hoping I haven't messed up too much in my job where students are concerned in these past 14 years...
just some thoughts all about the ways in which life continues to surprise me. in BIG ways and in small ways as well. reflections that remind me that we're always changing and growing...hopefully for the better! and perhaps it's also a reminder that there are some very sweet things, special people, wonderful places, and memorable moments in all of our lives...sometimes we just need to slow down to take it all in. and give thanks.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
it's almost August and...
...I haven't done my summer reading for school! It's like one of those bad dreams from when you were a kid. You meant to do the reading all summer and now the beginning of school is staring you in the face and you are not ready! Luckily, I only have one book to read though. And I don't have to do a book report on it. But I do have to be ready to talk about it in an in-service in the fall. And I know better than to delay the reading until school actually begins. So, tonight I will begin The Parents We Mean to Be: How Well-Intentioned Adults Undermine Children's Moral and Emotional Development. Yikes. Obviously, I'm not a parent. But I am a well-intentioned adult. Here's hoping I haven't messed up too much in my job where students are concerned in these past 14 years...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment